Welcome To Your American Massage Therapy Association New Mexico Chapter!
The New Mexico Chapter of the American Massage Therapy Association has been collaboratively serving the New Mexico Massage Therapist community for over two decades.
Our Goals For 2015-2016
- Increase our membership
- Provide education to our members (annual conference and sponsoring CEU classes around the state)
- Support the LMT community with mentoring and social events
- Launching an action plan to require state insurance reimbursement for massage therapy
- Changing state visiting massage instructor requirements (to make it easier for instructors to teach here)
- Develop a campaign to educate the public on illegal massage establishments and research legal options to curtail
- Promote our members by forging alliances with health care practitioners
- Give back to the community by participating in charitable events
- Put our members in front of potential clients.
- Establish a Dan Barrow memorial scholarship fund
- Financial stability for the chapter (through starting investments at the National level)
How Do I Get Involved?
Check out the Calendar Of Events and join us at one of our community events to meet potential new clients.
Volunteer for one of our committees like communications, membership, education, government relations, etc..
Contact Your AMTA-NM 2015-2016 Board Members with information, questions and feedback.
The American Massage Therapy Association New Mexico Chapter (AMTA-NM) is offering a scholarship for continuing education. This scholarship is being offered to one AMTANM member on an annual basis. This scholarship has been established to honor longtime AMTA-NM member and past president, Dan R. Barrow. We’d like to recognize Dan’s service to this organization – serving on the board of directors for many years and being an tireless volunteer. Dan has elevated and enhanced our profession in New Mexico and on a national level, also serving as a National AMTA volunteer for many years. He was a renowned neuromuscular therapist and instructor and served on the NM Massage Therapy licensing board. Applications are being accepted as of October 1, 2016 and are due by February 1, 2017. The winner will be announced at our 2017 Annual Conference in April. Click here for the application. Please complete page 3 and mail with your essay.
2017 AMTA-NM Annual Conference | The Web That Weaves Us Together | April 8 & 9, 2017 | Las Cruces
If you choose not to register on-line for the 2017 AMTA-NM Conference online please print, complete and mail this form with payment to: AMTA-NM, Attn: Conference Registration, 1201 Eubank Blvd. NE, Ste. 2, Albuquerque, NM 87112.
Join your fellow AMTA members for a cup of coffee or tea and casual networking.
We’ll discuss happenings within the chapter, answer questions, talk about successes and challenges in your business, and network.
Invite your friends – all LMTs and students welcome.
Member Early Rate is just $109 for 12 CEUs! Registration coming on January 9, 2017. Til Luchau will present Advanced Myofascial for Headaches & Migraines, 8 CEUs on Saturday. On Sunday, you’ll have a choice of Ethics for Trauma Survivors or YogaBall for Massage Therapists (self-care) for 4 CEUs. Registration open January 9th. Click here for details.
Contact our Conference Committee Chair Christine Thompson if you have some time to help out in the planning or assisting during the event at email@example.com or (575) 571-0534.
AMTA Member Collette Wilson (KY) is running the Boston Marathon with Team Massage Therapy Foundation-Running for Research!
The Massage Therapy Foundation is participating in the John Hancock Non-Profit Marathon read more at source…